I recommend the doctor
Happy with: Doctor friendlinessExplanation of the health issue
Dear Dr. Sharath, This is Mr Ranjan visited your Optima Clinic in Mahalakshmi Layout on 24th March. Wanted to share my experience here. As I had gone as a walkin patient and reached at 1Pm. I knew I have to wait but I have been told within 1 hour my turn will come but finally I was able to consult around 4:30 PM and then as per your advice I had gone for a ultrasound for my ankle sprain. You told me that your staff will explain me about the prescription but they had no clue about it and not able to clarify any of my query. My ultrasound therapy got over about 4:50Pm and I had been waited till 6:30 to get the prescription. Finally I was begging your staff and so called Center Manager MR. Kartheek to let me allow to meet you for 2 mins for my query. Even though your prescription has been clearly stated to get clarify in person, Mr. Kartheek behavior was very annoying and rude. He loudly told your staff they will not be allowed to visit doctor and I have to leave the place without having any option left. At that time you just came back from Columbia Asia Hospital around 6:35Pm and you were talking to some one when I was asking to Kartheek to meet you for 2 mins.
1. As per the Prescription there were two medicines 1. Zycel 200mg (Pain Kiler) 2. Rantac 150mg (Gas Medicine), As i have been taking similar pain killer like Zycel since last 24 days and it did not help me, what do you think about Zycel helping me in this condition.
2. Do I need to take rest or can I resume to go to office.
3. Do I need to use Crep band, if yes how long in a day?
4. after 2 weeks if Pain persists, should I do the ESR and CRP test outside and come with report or need to do the test in your clinic.
Like: Dr Sharath listens patiently and does through study of the problem
Dislike: The Bad/Worst part of the Optima Clinic, the staff are not educated how to handle patient and they are always confused *** **** *** **** ******** ********* and my sincere request to look into it.
Dr. Sharath Kumar replied
Dear Mr Ranjan , Thank you for your feedback.
I do understand your concerns and doubts which is but natural to any treatment process. I was concerned by many of your statements and conducted a detailed inquiry of the circumstances including speaking to all the staff as well as calling up and speaking to other patients who were present when you were in the clinic who would have witnessed the proceedings . Based on this inquiry I can say you seem to have got several facts wrong. Let me answer your queries one by one.
"I knew I have to wait but I have been told within 1 hour my turn will come but finally I was able to consult around 4:30 PM and then as per your advice I had gone for a ultrasound for my ankle sprain."
1) Nobody in the clinic informed you that you will be seen in 1 hour. As soon as you came to the clinic you were given a document to read in which it was mentioned that the waiting time will be for 4 hours . You have read that document, agreed to wait for 4 hours and then signed on that document. We can email you a copy of the document with your signature on it in case you have forgotten
"You told me that your staff will explain me about the prescription but they had no clue about it and not able to clarify any of my query. "
2) My staff (nurse ranjita who is charge of explaining the prescriptions) approached you to explain the prescription. However you refused and told that you don’t want them to explain the prescription to you. After saying this it is not fair on your part to say they were confused.
" My ultrasound therapy got over about 4:50Pm and I had been waited till 6:30 to get the prescription."
3) Your ultrasound did get over at 4:50 pm. And you had to wait till nearly 6 to get your prescription. I agree there was this delay on my part. However to do your ultrasound from 4:20 to 4:50 I had to keep other patients in another hospital waiting (where appointments were starting at 4 pm) . I did not want to send you back to come another day because you had come from so far off. Hence I made the other patients wait and finished your ultrasound. As soon as I finished your ultrasound I had to rush to the other hospital immediately and start seeing patients there. Hence the delay in preparing the prescription. However, please understand this was an inevitable delay which occurred because we did not want to send you back to come another day for the ultrasound. You will agree this small wait is better than the inconvenience of having sent you away to come back another day for the ultrasound.
"Finally I was begging your staff and so called Center Manager MR. Kartheek to let me allow to meet you for 2 mins for my query"
4) You were repeatedly asking to speak to me on the phone which my staff was unable to arrange as I was not in the clinic and had gone to another hospital and was busy seeing patients. Please understand that after taking appointment or coming as walkin and then waiting for so long, patients come in to my room to see and talk to me. If I speak to someone over the phone during that time then it is not fair to them. How would you have felt if after waiting for so long you came into my room and I kept talking on the phone to some patient? We have a website and an app for asking doubts. or as stated above you could have allowed Nurse ranjita to answer your doubts. As per statement from several people Mr Karthik was not rude. He got a bit perturbed when you and the person with you started accusing him of lying . However the other witness corroborated that he never spoke rudely or loudly.
"At that time you just came back from Columbia Asia Hospital around 6:35Pm and you were talking to some one when I was asking to Kartheek to meet you for 2 mins."
5) I did come back from Columbia Asia to talk to another doctor and my staff told me you were still there and wanted to talk to me. I informed that I will definitely come and speak to them once I finish speaking to the doctor. Once I finished the meeting with the other doctor I came out to talk to you, you had left by then without speaking to me.
" I had below query:"
6) This is a feedback site/ forum and not a site where I can answer medical questions/ queries and hence I will be unable to answer your queries here. We can have a skype meeting at a time of your convenience or you can post your medical queries on my website www.rheumatologybangalore.com and I would gladly answer them and guide you further.
Please note that despite this mis representation, we harbor no ill will and remain at your service.
Hope you get better soon.