BDS, MDS - Prosthodontist And Crown Bridge
Medical Registration Verified
94% (2560 votes)
Dr. Ramya is a Prosthodontist , Implantologist & Laser Practitioner (Bibrach, Germany). Dental Solutions is located in the heart of Bangalore city in India. She is one of the few best dentist in the country specialised in Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge, Endodontics, Pain-free dentistry, Implantology & Laser. Her speciality in Cosmetic Dentistry – a digital smile design (smile makeover), Veneers, Zirconia Crowns, 3M-LAVA Crowns, Bridges, Partial and Complete Dentures, Flexible Dentures, and Implants.A Prosthodontist deals with the replacement of missing teeth and its associated soft and hard tissues by prostheses (crowns, bridges, and dentures).This can be fixed or can be removable, else it can be supported and retained by either toothDr. Ramya in 2001 completed her BDS from Ramaiah Dental college, Bangalore and got Gold medal award- RGUHS university- 2002. She did her post graduation in Prosthodontist & Implantologist in the year 2007 from Oxford Dental college Bangalore.Dr Ramya having two pratice- DENTAL SOLUTIONS Indiranagar and SAKRA WORLD HOSPITAL Bellandur, Outer ring Road.
I visited Dr Ramya after a serious road accident which distorted my face and teeth. She patiently explained me all the options which I could go for. *** ********* *** **** *** I am satisfied with it. It's just that getting the dental bridge with proper color and measurement took time, although she should not be blamed for that as it was manufacturer's fault. She was ready to make all the alterations in the crown till last moment. Money for the procedures were a bit more, but i didn't want to risk my treatment as it was all about my face. So i am satisfied with the treatment.
I know Dr Ramya does not need any reviews as she has already got excellent Reviews, but I wanted to share my story to set the context for anybody looking for a good Dentist in Bangalore.
While I was in Tokyo, I developed a big cavity on my upper Right-side Premolar tooth and consulting the Dentists over there I understood that this might need to be fixed with a Root Canal. However, considering the Medical Practice in Japan, they always prefer to fix issues with minimal changes to the system and with no unnecessary cost as its regulated by the Japan Government. So, one of the Japanese doctors ‘s suggested me to have a filling, revisit after 6 months to check if the Abscess formed. dies down.
However, I had to move back to India in another 4 months and I faced a huge challenge in choosing the right dentist in India. At the bottom of my heart I knew, that Medical profession has now become a practice where Doctors / Hospitals tries to extract unnecessary cost from a person. Apart from that, they will lead you to a stage where there will be no turning back without going by their book. I was hugely reluctant to get my tooth treated in India. But considering my travel schedule, I consulted Sakra World hospital where processes sucked and no empathy to patients which left me frustrated. I got a chance to consult Mr Balu in Sakra and he advised Root Canal as the Abscess had started to swell up , following the Homeopathy medicine I took (I am a firm believer of Homeopathy) which actually aided in forming the bulge but Allopathy was needed as the abscess needs channel to flow out and also I agreed with him that Homeopathy might not be able to fix this in the long term.
However I was heavily reluctant to do my RCT in Sakra . I was searching for alternate doctor when I came across Dental Solutions in Bangalore with a huge no of positive reviews, even in “MouthShut.com”. I went through Dr Ramya’s and Dr Balu’s profile (who happened to be running the Dental Solutions. That’s a HUGE coincidence and is an interesting story). I was referred to Dr Ramya and trust me over the 3 sessions I had on Root Canal , my fear in Indian Dental practice started fading away as I realized that I am now in safe hands as I was in Japan , not only in terms of Medical skills but the way Dr Ramya took good care of me in answering my doubts , being patient and understanding enough to comfort me when I used to panic during the sessions . I might have visited her for 6 times now for various reasons/Sessions and each time the experience has been the same.
Sakra hospital is 1.5 km from my house and Dental Solutions is 12 Km from my house but I still drive that far to get my Dental issues sorted out. Dental Solutions is clean with the state-of-the-art infrastructure and is no way less than what we have got in big hospitals, On the contrary, Dental solutions might have more equipment. Dr Ramya has become a trusted advisor/doctor to me & my family. I wish Dr Ramya and Dental Solutions all the best of luck
My RCT process:
- The x-ray was done first, and it was sent to me in my email a/c as well.
- The doctor diagnosed the x-ray and condition and explained to me about
the treatment procedure methodically.
- Was asked to get the procedure done according to my date/time but sooner.
- She informed what all necessary things to follow before/after the treatment
- Medications and type of food intake were explained properly.
What I liked -
- The ambience of the clinic, it calms you down somehow.
- The analysis and explanation of the reports and condition.
- She personally carried out the RCT. Not like in other clinics where you book
for a doctor and another person does the procedure.
- Pain is near to zero, it's just the anaesthesia injection which you will feel,
but it's negligible and can be compared to a prick.
Overall it was a good experience. I will share this experience with my relatives, friends and colleagues too.
The experience was good with the doctors the way they were friendly to us was good they treated us very nicely and the staff members also treated us very kindly and responded nicely and properly to us.So the experience was good and I had a good and nice treatment which cured my problem
Thank you so much
Dear Dr. Ramya (Since Practo doesn't allow replying, I'm initiating this new thread.)
Feedback for Dr. Ramya by Sourabh :
I do not recommend the doctor
I got two dental caps fixed by doctor this summer. I have three major complains, and everyone please take a note of what I'm going to say:
1. Quality of service is below average : I moved out of India after getting my treatment done from here. My gum developed abscess right where my cap was fit! This is costing me a lot with no insurance cover and mental stress.
2. **** ** ********* * If you have to get some regular cleaning done, you may take risk. Otherwise please avoid. Despite of proper examinations and multiple visits colour of my cap was wrong. Both of them had different shades!
3. Lack of professionalism and empathy : After telling right there that I don't want this cap, she asked me to come after two months and forcefully put what she had. I felt humiliated.
Over all if I could give negative stars, I would give that. Please don't go with these overly positive responses! I went ahead after reading them and did one of the biggest mistakes of life. It has almost costed me equivalent of 1 lac rupees so far in Sweden to get rid of what I got here in the name of treatment!
Dr. Ramya replied
Dear Sourabh You had visited for change of crown on two teeth which were RCT treated elsewhere. We can’t be responsible for gum abscess as we did not do Root canal treatment. We showed you the teeth crown before fixing the teeth permanently. Teeth trial was given You saw the teeth agreeing to colour and said go ahead for crown fixing. You came back next day and said you needed to change colour, for which I agreed as your crown was on warranty. Crown removal remake and Change needs another 4 days. You said you will come back 2 weeks later. You decide colour got crown and then asked crown change We agreed, do that too, you should have got it done. You did not come back so am I lacking empathy.
Answering the questions raise by by Dr. Ramya (From the previous thread, since I can't reply there) :
1. RCT was done several years back, but you had taken the x-ray before fitting dental crowns. I asked if RCT is needed, I was told NO.
2. You're mentioning that I came next day to change the colour, which is NOT TRUE. I told right there before the crown was being fit. In fact, you even filed my lower teeth so that it doesn't touch back of crown instead of adjusting the crown, to which I had to stop you and is still beyond my understanding. I don't want to go to these extra details at the moment as they'll be totally irrelevant.
3. Yes you asked me to come back after 2 weeks, which I highly appreciate! But not all your patients are always free Doctor. If I still ignore the pain and mental stress that I have to again go through, which is actually the whole treatment RIGHT AGAIN for a minor colour change (And I'm glad I didn't do that), everybody is not comfortable going through a week of treatment again when their job is being affected by that. To which I feel you lack the empathy, because you said it so easily that please get it done again (Which as far as I understand happened because of the mistake of crown manufacturer), which you are putting on me. You're the respected professional with all the expertise in that area, so blaming that on me simply doesn't cut.
With all due respect, kindly go through whatever I've written so far. And please tell me if anything could've been changed because of better decision making from your end.
I'll soon call you and fix an appointment to discuss this matter further. I'm still going through this treatment and would like to keep you under loop. I'll possibly fly back soon.
They all are very professional, friendly and kind. I am very scared of dentists from a young age but they always make me feel so comfortable. They have a very nice ambiance and the atmosphere over all is soothing. Thank you so much for not scaring me away.
Dr Hamida is the most friendly doctor I have ever seen. She uproot my tooth so well that I didn’t feel any pain even after post surgery.
Dr. Ramya explained well about the current situation of my teeth and expenses for the due course of action
Dr. Ramya is a unique person! She was simple and realistic. Every word she spoke had a profound meaning. I found her very genuine. She explained to me the hard facts and made me understand my next action. She believes in the gift of life and do our best to enjoy the life. I am glad I met someone like her.
Comfortable environment at the Clinic. Doctor is highly ******* *** efficient. Satisfied with the treatment.
The tooth extraction process wasn't pain-free as the patient had been kept waiting for a long time after local anesthesia application such that the effects were wearing off. The extraction wasn't clean and a small fragment was left off. We had complained that to the doctor during stitch removal but she insisted that it was the bone.
However, that small teeth fragment continued to cause discomfort and finally came off about 5 months from the extraction process.
Didn't have a good experience and wouldn't recommend to others.