Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Arivazhagan

Dr. Arivazhagan

Claim this profile

MBBS, MCh - Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, MS - General Surgery



Cardiothoracic Surgeon


Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon


19 Years Experience Overall  (19 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Arivazhagan is a cardio thoracic and vascular surgeon. He has done his Mbbs and his MS in general surgery from Bangalore Medical College. He further did his M.Ch from Sri Jayadeva Institute Of Cardiology. Dr. Arivazhagan specializes in beating heart, CABG and valve surgeries. With a rich experience of over 15 years he was also a visiting consultant with national hospital, Colombo and male medicals, Maldives. He has presented papers on his specialty at both national as well as international conferences and seminars.

Horamavu, Bangalore

3K Health Care Pvt. Ltd.


113, Banaswadi Outer Ring Road (Service Road), Landmark: Next To Redwood Furniture, Bangalore

Get Directions

+ 15

Common questions & answers

Q: What does a Heart specialist do?

A: Heart specialists or cardiologists diagnose and treat diseses related to heart and blood vessels. They are trained to assess heart health and read electrocardiogram, etc.

Q: When do you need to see a cardiologist?

A: You can visit a heart specialist if your physician refers you for symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain, changes in heart beat or high blood pressure

Q: What to expect at your first visit to heart specialist?

A: A heart specialist will evaluate your medical history and risk factors for major blood vesel disease. Your heart rate, blood pressure and electrocardiogram will be obtained. You will also go through complete cardiovascular examination.

Q: How do heart-specialist check for blocked arteries?

A: Heart specialists check for blocked arteries with tests like chloesterol screening, electrocardiogram (ECG) chest X-Ray, coronary CT Scan, ultrasound, echocardiogram, and angiogram.

Q: Can you see a heart-specilist directly?

A: You can go to a heart specialist directly if you suspect there is a risk of genetically related heart disease in your family which means any of your blood relative had an early onset (below age of 55 for men and 65 for women). A heart specialist can help you to assess the risk factor of you getting that disease and give you treatment regarding the same.


MBBS - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 1988
MCh - Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 1999
MS - General Surgery - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 2001


27419 Karnataka Medical Council, 1988
Report an Error