Consulted Dr. Sharath Kumar (Rheumatologist) for Rheumatic Arthritis
I recommend the doctor
Happy with: Doctor friendlinessExplanation of the health issue
Visited doctor on may 20, 2020 for rhematoid arthritis treatment for my mother. This was our first visit @ OARC.
* Very patient, Friendly and a thinking listener.
* Understands and studies patients past records & treatment received from other doctors. ( past 10yrs record )
* Doctor spends a good 15-20 mins approx in understanding issues.
* My mother was happy to talk to doctor who is good listener which she never experienced earlier. I think sometimes more than medicines the doctors consoling,encouraging soft talks heals the disease more than medicines.
* OARC clinic entry is through a flatbed round about staircase - good initiative by OARC for patients who cant climbs steps.
* Good that doctor doesn't handwrite anything on the case study sheet, instead he takes 5 mins to summarize the case history and types it personally in a computer desktop and the summary sheet along with prescription will be given to us, remember all these are typed printed material. This will save us from understanding doctors beautiful handwritings.
* Treatment has started for my mother and its good so far and she is feeling better now.. She is getting on and off pains in joints.
Only Cons with Dr sharath
* I asked Dr sharath about any specific diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis - what to eat and what not to, he told that sisters will explain the prescription and diet if any. I think sisters were good at explaining prescriptions and injections.
Hence i suggest to OARC that if patients receive any printed kind of material on what food to eat and foods to avoid according to their disease it would be a great help from Dr sharath. ( For eg - eat salmon fish which is rich in Omega 3 fatty, eat walnuts ..etc... - would be great if we get it from doctor itself )