Consulted Dr. M G Madhukumar (Plastic Surgeon) for Gynecomastia Treatment / Surgery
I recommend the doctor
Happy with: Doctor friendlinessExplanation of the health issueTreatment satisfactionValue for moneyWait time
First thing first...!!! This feedback is not for the doctor. He has already a lot of good review on almost every online platform, and just one more review hardly matters to him. This review of mine is for many other people like me who are suffering from this health condition but have a lot of fear in their mind of undergoing surgery.
I had this problem since 2009. I waited for almost ten years before i finally decided to get it corrected as it now started to bother me alot and stealing peace of my mind. I am from a place close to Delhi. So, initially i started searching for doctors near Delhi. I consulted many of them but i had not enough confidence on them. Then i started searching for doctors in Mumbai and Bangalore also. In Bangalore also, i talked to 3-4 good surgeons based on their review, but they all were in a hurry and after 3-4 phone calls / whatsapp message, they stopped responding to my messages.
I still remember the date when i first contacted Dr. Madhukumar. It was 31 Dec 2018. Since then i was in regular touch with him and whenever any doubt comes to my mind, i used to text him. He used to reply to my each and every doubt with patience. From Dec 2018 to Sept 2019 i had cleared all my doubts about the doctor on whatsapp itself. Then in sept i got an opportunity to travel to Banagalore. Although there was nothing left to discuss, still i thought to pay a visit to his clinic. He took almost 2 hours to clear my doubts and explained the issue, procedure, how is it done, result expectations and also showed some previous cases result. This was all that happened during personal consultation.I gained some more confidence and booked the surgery in Nov'19.
I went back to my hometown. Did all the medical test which was suggested and sent him the report on whatsapp. Thereafter i was cleared for surgery. I paid some advance payment required for booking the surgery date and then waited till surgery date.
DOS - 18.11.19 (Doctor will definitely know who i am from this date). :)
I reached Bangalore on 17th afternoon. I was told to have an oral sedative one night before surgery. I took that medicine and then slept. Next morning i woke up and took bath and reached clinic at 09:00 AM empty stomach. I met the doctor, paid the balance amount and then asked to change my clothes. Doctor took few pics and did some marking. Meanwhile, the anaesthetist arrived and met me. After that i was asked to move to OT and then put a drip was put into my right hand. My eyes were covered and doctor told me to enjoy the music. Then doctor and anaesthesist started talking to me. They discussed my background, my studies, my job, politics, movie, cricket match and most important places to visit near bangalore. In between surgery intermittently i was feeling a mild pinch, a mil pull on skin like this. Never ever i felt like something which i call "PAIN". In between our discussion, doctor asked me what i would like to have in lunch as my surgery was over. I was really amazed. I asked doctor, i hope one hour might have passed, then he told its 2 hours 20 mins since we started. I was so busy in discussion that i never felt how 2 hours passed. Then was moved out of OT. I was given my clothes to wear. I was given awesome Idli and shambhar in the clinic itself. Thereafter, doctor called me and gave some medicine and post surgery care. I left the clinic at 01:00 PM.
Next day - Rest for whole day and at 03:00 PM i came to clinic for post op bandage removal and then went back in 15 minutes.
Next two days - i went to Mysore to visit that place. I was not allowed to drive and have jerk. So, i went there by train and then visited all the places. I avoided jerk and croud and lifting any weight.
Return From Mysore - i visited clinic for my stitch removal on 6th day of surgery.
7th day - Return to my honetown and then joined office.
Now 5 weeks have passed and results are pretty good and improving day by day. No pain, no complexity at all. I am still in contact with doctor. Following his advises. He still responds to my silly doubts the way he used to do before surgery
1. I was very frightened initially. It took me 10 months to be mentally prepared for surgery and doctor helped me a lot in that. Apart from an awesome doctor, he is a very good human being.
2. Oral sedative helped a lot to control my fear on the day of surgery. On that day i was a bit anxious, but not that frightened.
3. Literally no pain during surgery. Intermittent pinch or push pull type of feel.
4. I was advised 5 days of pain killer. I was not feeling any pain post op also. So, with doctor advise, i stopped taking them after 3 days.
5. It was like my first holiday trip to Bangalore.
Reason why i chose Dr. Madhu
1. Educational background
2. Most transparent photographs on website from all possible angles to show actual result.
3. Have a lot of patience. He will never get fed up with your doubts. He cleared my doubts for 10 months :P :P
4. Of all the doctors i enquired, he was the only one who does this surgery under local anaesthesia that too with the presence of an experienced anaesthetist ( he completed his masters in 1989 as he told me in discussion held during surgery) for the safety of patient.
5. Reviews on internet. You will not find a single negative review about the doctor.
6. Very humble and polite behavior during personal consultation
7. Explained all possible benefits and risk. he wont keep you in dark about possibility of complication (Although he said chances are less than 1 %, but still possibility exist).
1. He should think of starting a clinic in Delhi also, as people of north india will also be benefitted from his service. All segment of people are not so comfortable travelling from north India to bangalore to have this surgery.
At last i wish to thank Dr. Madhu, The anaesthetist (i forgot his name), all the support staffs (They were really awesome and friendly) from bottom of my heart for treating me with great care without any pain and thereby ensuring my comfort at all times. This whole experience was much much easier and comfortable than what i had thought.
My advise to someone who suffer from similar situation:
Have this surgery by any board certified cosmetic surgeon with whom you feel really comfortable. It is your bonding/ trust with the doctor which matters the most. Trust your instincts while selecting the doctor. This is exactly what i did. The satisfaction which you will feel after the surgery can not be explained in words. It can only be felt by someone who has faced this situation for a decade and finally got rid of this.
Dr. M G Madhukumar replied