Visited Dr. Deepti Shrivastava (Dermatologist) For Skin TreatmentSkin Careskin checks
I do not recommend the doctor
I went inside and sat down on chair which was approx 10 feet away from the doctor. I put down the mask just to show her the ringworm evolving on my face. Instead of checking it , she started lecturing me that this generation do not understand anything and said "Did I ask you to remove your mask". I said i was showing it to her but she did not listen.
I dont know why she was rude to me. I visted her for 5 skin issues but she refused to talk about other issue and said that we will focus on one thing and then move to different issues once we get rid of this issue.It was like she wants patients to be stuck with her for future fees and consulation fees.
I know i am not a doctor but how the dark circles under my eyes are related to ringworm. I dont know how giving consulation on other issues will impact my ringworm issue.
SHe simply refused to discuss other issues and did not understand anything and keep emphasising on dialogue "This Generation Issue is this and that".
If i am paying you, I want you to listen to me because i do not have loads of money to spend. If I am coming for consulation it is your duty to listen and recommend whats best.
I came with 5 diffrent skin iusses but she did not hear any.
I will not recommend this doctor to anyone.
I also said, i am not from Delhi, kindly give me medicine which i can buy locally asi cannot come again.
She insisted on taking medicine from her.
Dr. Deepti Shrivastava replied
It was really nice to see you after more than an year of successfully treating your skin infection. However, this time you had booked appointment for a 20 year old patient named Yu**** S*** who had severe fungal infection and had hopped over multiple doctors during last one month and also using steroids to treat herself as she shared her history. We would like to clarify on some of the points mentioned
1. Distance between doc & patient is roughly about 4-5 feet and she was examined very closely when the doctor went close to her to see the condition of her face.
2. Explaining covid appropriate behaviour is very important with 3rd wave now here and daily infections doubling every day. Hope this young beautiful girl understands it and follows it for the sake of herself and others.
3. As I said earlier, she has been doctor hopping and probably self medicating as well using steroids on her face which complicated her condition and made her fungal infection worse. It was best in her interest to focus on this main condition and other things would have improved to a lot of extent on their own.
4. Patient needs to listen to doctor as well and sometimes not all things may suit your ears especially if patient is self medicating with steroids and doctor hopping rather than following what a doctor says or prescribes.
5. The medicines prescribed to her are available at all the leading pharmacies and online pharmacy platform. We never insist our patients to buy meds only from the pharmacy at the clinic
6. Lastly, you are a delhiite and the girl also gave delhi address which we are not writing here to protect her privacy. So we really don’t know why this issue of being an outsider
We hope the best for you and the young girl and would sincerely advise to stick to any one doctor and trust him/her for the treatment, follow it and cure your self rather than doctor hopping or self medication.